Power Breakfasts On-The-Go…
Yesterday I revealed 6 shocking “health foods” that are actually really bad for you.
And I promised I’d give you three ‘alternatives’ today; easy delicious healthy recipes you can make at home in no time!
And, of course, don’t forget to order your SlimTea; our capsules are GREAT to keep in your desk or briefcase for when you’re too busy to make a hot cup!
Plus they help you burn up to 523% MORE calories EVERY DAY!
1. Berry Energy Bar
Don’t Eat Store-Bought Energy Bars! Make These All-Natural Bars Instead!
- 1 Cup Mixed Nuts + Seeds (I love pumpkin seeds, slivered raw almonds, sunflower seeds and pistachios!)
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- ¼ Cup Almond Butter (the crunchier the better!)
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil (if you like coconut flavor – make sure it’s unrefined!)
- ¼ Cup Almond Meal – which is basically almonds ground into a flour
- 1 ½ Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ Tsp Raw Organic Honey
- ¾ Cup Whey Protein Powder (Don’t use if you’re allergic to dairy! You can find vegan protein powders to substitute.)
- 1 Lg. Egg
- ½ Tsp Sea Salt
- ½ Cup Dried Goji Berries
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Coconut
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Toast nuts, seeds, and ¼ cup shredded coconut on a baking sheet until golden brown. *Be sure to shake the tray once or twice during cooking so it bakes evenly! Keep oven on for later.
3. Pour toasted nuts, seeds, and coconut into a food processor and pulse until it has the consistency of bread crumbs
4. Melt coconut oil and almond butter and place in bowl
5. Add vanilla extract, honey, and salt to bowl.
6. Mix protein powder, almond meal, and nut mixture with the contents of the bowl.
7. Mix in the egg
8. Mix in goji berries
9. Press contents into a bread loaf pan – I recommend 8”X 8” in size
10. Bake pan for 10 minutes.
11. Remove from oven and sprinkle additional shredded coconut on top
12. Allow 10-15 minutes to cool and cut into bars.
- Each pan makes about 12 servings.
- 1 serving has less than 185 calories, 14 grams of fat, and 12.6 grams of protein
- Wrap bars in wax paper and grab on the go!
2. Paleo Granola
This will fuel you without the gluten, sugars, and high-carbs in normal granola…
- 1 Cup Raw Almonds
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews
- ¼ Raw Pepitas or Pumpkin Seeds
- ¼ Cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup Raw Honey
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Goji Berries or Dehydrated Fresh Fruit of Choice
- Sea Salt
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
2. Blend nuts & coconut flakes to just slightly broken up, still chunky texture
3. Heat coconut oil, raw honey, and vanilla extract and place in bowl
4. Add seeds, nuts, and coconut flakes to the contents of the bowl and stir
5. Spread mixture on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 20-25 minutes – be sure to shake the pan once or twice so they’ll bake evenly!
6. Add dried fruit and sea salt when you take the pan out of the oven. It’s best to press the salt and fruit into the hot granola so it’ll stick together.
7. After 15 minutes of cooling, break into chunks and enjoy!
- Each pan makes about 12 servings.
- 1 serving has less than 195 calories, 9 grams of fat, and 3.5 grams of protein
3. Don’t Drink Store-Bought Juice or Smoothies!
Marketers put trendy labels to fool people into buying expensive ‘health’ drinks with super-sweet concoctions that claim to be loaded with beets, apples, mangoes, oranges, kiwis and, well, … you get the point.
Some of these store-bought juices even have real fruits and vegetables in them, but often the problem is that they’ve watered down the real fruit juice and you’re left with a super-sweet, highly caloric, fiber-less ‘health’ drink (that may even look kinda green…)
Worse yet – they often add high fructose corn syrup to them.
When you strip the blood sugar-regulating fiber out of the fruit and then suck down enough fructose to spike the insulin levels of a small village, you risk storing fat in your body.
Worst of all – the insulin spike will leave you craving carbs for the rest of the day!
Try to stick to juice that’s chock full of greens and roots will provide you with real benefits that cleanse your body and keep you on track with your slimming goals.
Green equals lean – remember that juicing is incredible – but try to do it at home where you can monitor the ingredients – without the added high fructose corn syrup!
And if you do find yourself with killer carb cravings – I want you to know that there are drinks that can actually help eliminate carb cravings…
That’s right – not only does SlimTea KILL carb cravings… which helps you eat HUNDREDS of less calories per day…
… But it also burns fat for 24 hours after you drink it.