How To Make A Perfect Chicken Stock
It’s so simple, yet it’s one of the most important things in my fridge at all times.
Homemade Chicken Stock.
I can’t stand the weak, flimsy store-bought kinds from boxes – or God-forbid cans!
That’s why I always make at least a quart of this delicious stock every single week.
Here’s what to do:
- 1 lb. Chicken Thighs
- 1 lb. Chicken Legs
- 1 Bulb Garlic, minced
- 5 Carrots, diced
- 5 Stalks Celery, diced
- 2 Onions, diced
- Salt & Pepper
- Coconut oil
- Four 6-8 ounce Cups SlimTea (one bag is find for a whole 8 ounce cup)
- First sauté the garlic until translucent in coconut oil.
- Add onions and sauté until translucent
- Now add celery and carrots and sauté for five minutes
- Add chicken, salt and pepper to taste. I’m very generous with black pepper for this recipe, but NOT generous with salt. It’s important not to over-season this as it will take on the flavor of whatever you decide to cook with it.
- Fill pot up to top with SlimTea and Filtered water and allow to simmer for 6-8 hours.
- When finished, strain the broth from the vegetables and chicken. Discard Chicken and vegetables.
- Allow the stock to cool BEFORE going into your refrigerator or freezer, if you aren’t using it right away.
If you have lots of healthy collagen in your stock, it will look solid in the morning.
This isn’t fat – it’s the part of the chicken stock that helps restore your skin, assisting in the elimination of cellulite.
Now you can add your stock to almost anything. Over salt a dish? Add stock and lemon to mellow it out.
Making soups, purées, or sautéing vegetables? Stock will add a creamy texture to everything.
Because this stock uses SlimTea, it will TORCH fat as well as raise your metabolism when you eat it.