3 FatBurning Quinoa RECIPES
Whereas children grew up believing that whole grains were a necessary part of a balanced diet – we now know that grains have wreaked major havoc on our health.
What’s the alternative?
There are a plethora of substitutes we can use for traditional bread/pasta products in our diets.
Instead of traditional spaghetti, learn to make zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash. (It’s the easiest thing in the world!)
But what’s my favorite grain replacement? Quinoa!
Here are three recipes with my favorite grain-replacing superfood!
1. Quinoa Oatmeal
Are you trying to avoid gluten and carbs… but still love with grits or oatmeal?
Try this incredible seed – quinoa. Quinoa is often referred to as a grain… but it is a protein-and-nutrient-rich seed that grows on a grain-like plant.
Not only is quinoa delicious, but it is great for people who want to lose weight because it makes you feel more full.
It’s also Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, & Vegan
- 1⁄2 Cup Organic Quinoa
- 1 Cup Steeped SlimTea
- 1 Apple
- 1 Cup Almond or Coconut Milk
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Soak quinoa overnight with lemon juice. This helps the quinoa become plump and soft for your oatmeal.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Core Apple and bake in oven for 20 minutes
- Slice apple and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bring tea almost to a boil, then let quinoa simmer for 15 minutes.
- Now stir in Almond or Coconut milk, cinnamon and vanilla, and apples.
- Serve warm! I can’t resist almond butter and maple syrup with this recipe!
Savory Herb Quinoa
Gluten-Free, Vegan (if using vegetable stock), & Dairy-Free
- 2 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken OR vegetable stock. For major fatburning, use SlimTea cellulite-reducing soup stock.
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 Tsp lemon zest
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add the chicken stock, lemon juice, garlic and quinoa to pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Dressing: In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, basil, parsley, thyme, and lemon zest.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa and mix together before serving.
Gluten-Free, Vegan, & Dairy-Free
- 1 Cup Organic Quinoa
- 1 Tbsp Lime Rind, grated with a microplane or chopped finely 1 Juiced Lime
- 1⁄4 Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Red and/or Yellow Pepper, diced
- 1 Diced Cucumber
- 1 Green Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 Chopped Red Onion
- Boil 2 cups SlimTea. In another pan, toast the quinoa after rinsing thoroughly. **Rinsing the quinoa thoroughly helps you avoid a bitter taste it can have when unwashed. We recom- mend soaking it overnight for BEST texture!
- Add 1 cup quinoa to the boiling water and cover it for 15 minutes.
- Once cooled for 5 minutes, add lime juice, rind, peppers, cucumber, red onion, green on- ion, and cilantro.
The Most Important Part Of Fat-Burning Recipes…
Try to use SlimTea in ALL your favorite savory recipes.
It’s one of the world’s best fat-burners because it:
- Alkalizes your body
- Oxidizes fat
- Increases Energy Expenditure
- Moderate Caffeine Levels (1/3 the cup of coffee)
- Increases productivity (L-Theanine in tea)
- Enhances Mood – which makes you more likely to work out!
- Increases Metabolism
- Burns up to 240% more calories than green tea!
Get SlimTea today, and start putting some of these healthy low-carb fat-burning meals on rotation at your house!
Did you know that Slimming Tea only has 1/3 the caffeine of a cup of coffee, but increases your body’s energy expenditure and metabolism all day long?
What’s more, the CBS Evening News reported, “Polyphenols in SlimTea are believed to increase energy expenditure (EE) translating to a 35%-43% increase in fat burning.”