4 Delicious Weight Loss Recipes To Share…
Recently I’ve been flooded with emails asking me for more delicious recipes.
As you know, I’m committed not just to amazing Oolong Tea, but to providing you with other healthy tips in fitness and food to help you get into your best possible shape.
Without further ado, here are just a few DELICIOUS foods I made this week for me and my family.
Don’t go grocery shopping until you see these recipes – you may change up your weekend plans!
1. Fajita Salad
Have you ever ordered the fajita salad in a restaurant only to receive a bowl full of iceburg lettuce, refried beans, and sour cream? YUCK!
Here’s a Fajita Salad that’s finger-licking good and full of healthy superfoods – with no dairy necessary 😉
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Heads Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Lb. Free-Range Chicken
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 1 Onion
- EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Saute one onion in EVOO or coconut oil.
- Add your chopped chicken and perhaps a bit more EVOO (really depends on the size of your pan.) Add salt, pepper, and cumin to taste.
- Wash and dry 2 bell peppers and then grill them. (I just grill them a couple minutes on each side – until I get nice char marks. Some like to remove the char marks before serving – unless you like the smokey flavor.) Slice them for the salad.
- Chop your avocado and romaine lettuce and top with the chicken, peppers, onion, and salsa.
2. Shrimp & Brussels Quinoa Pasta
Do you ever get sick of the same boring pasta with shrimp and EVOO?
I like to add different greens to my pasta to give it texture and vibrancy.
Here is my Brussel Sprouts and Shrimp Quinoa Pasta Recipe…
- 1 Pound Brussel Sprouts
- 1 Pound Shrimp
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Quinoa Pasta (I like Ancient Harvest from Whole Foods)
- 1/2 cup green olives
- Boil 1 pot salted water for the pasta
- First clean and chop your brussel sprouts (I chop mine three times across for nice bite-sized pieces)
- Saute brussel sprouts in EVOO. I like to put them in the pan with salt, red pepper flakes, pepper, and the oil and leave for a few minutes without touching them so they are nice and brown on one side. When they’re about halfway done, add sliced garlic. I add an entire bulb because I’m a garlic fiend!
- Clean and add your shrimp to the saute and cook until they’re more or less “closed” in on themselves.
- Leave on the residual heat and add quinoa to the water
- When pasta is finished, add shrimp and brussels to the pasta and generously apply Extra Virgin Olive Oil or finishing oil
3. Cauliflower Rice and Lamb
- 1 lb. Lamb
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 3 Carrots
- Garlic (1 clove or 1 bulb, depending on your taste!)
- Tarragon or other fresh herb
- Salt and pepper to taste
This is so easy and delicious it’s almost criminal!
Plus is so low-carb it’s good for any weight loss plan.
- Saute Onions in EVOO. Add Garlic, Salt, Tarragon, and Pepper
- Add Carrots once garlic is soft.
- Add lamb and continue to saute until browned.
- Chop Cauliflower into tiny pieces like “rice” and top with your sauteed lamb and veggies.
4. Perfect Breakfast Hash
Are you tired of the same old eggs and bacon for breakfast?
Here’s an easy spin on breakfast that will power your family for a funtastic Saturday!
- 1-2 eggs per person
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 pound chicken
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Onion
- Dice Potatoes and saute in EVOO or coconut oil and salt
- Add Onions and Peppers once potatoes start to soften, in about 5 minutes on Medium heat
- Add Chicken and spices – you may want to use dill, cumin, or even curry!
- Chop kale into ribbons and pile your chicken, potatoes, and vegetable hash on top
- Top with one or two fried eggs and you have a delicious, nutritious breakfast!
And as promised – here are your baby pictures!
I’ve gotten into incredible shape since the pregnancy by taking my SlimTea capsules every single day!